I have an Astron 35 amp - been on 24/7 since the middle 80s. Also have an Astron 20 amp as a backup. Due to the age of the Astron, I decided it was time to replace it for the K3/P3 only. I bought the SS30-DV. It is small and quiet (physically quiet and RF quiet) and meets my needs nicely. The remainder of the station runs on the old reliable Astron 35.

I did consider another big Astron, but opted for the little switcher due to its size and weight. It was a downsizing decision, as the time may come soon that only the K3/P3 will be kept (along with a 2-meter rig). Also, I figure if Elecraft is selling it, it should be just fine.

Bill W2BLC K-Line