My internal K3 readings of 14.3V idle and 14.0V at the 35w PEP out needed
to drive my Alpha 8410 to 1200 or 1300 watts out, probably is pretty good
IMD. The idle current is ~1.3 amps. Tune at 35 watts into 1:1 SWR is 8.7
amps. That's .04 ohms in the cabling. I don't have anything to directly
measure that.

At that point, the tuning of the Alpha would has more to do with the
over-the-air IMD than the K3.

Wouldn't predistortion need to be external to the K3, dynamic based on
sampling the output of the amp, and converted into some DSP friendly format
fed to the K3 CPU?

73, Guy K2AV