Hi Charles,

Not a direct answer to your specific amplifier question but something that
might help.

In the last 7 years I don't think I have used the BAND up/down button on my
K3 more than once or perhaps twice. The numbered keypad is easily set up for
each band either directly on the K3 or K3S or by using the K3 Memory Editor
program. Changing bands is then a simple two button process. First press the
M-V button then press one of the ten numbered key buttons. I have button 1
set for 160 meters, 2 for 80 meters........... 0 for 6 meters.

In a similar manner you can then set up each of the four M buttons for band
segments. For example I have M1 set up for the CW portion of the band, M2
for RTTY, M3 for SSB. Again just press M-V then the M button.

And finally, when using a contest or logging program it's very easy to just
type in a frequency on your PC and press enter.

73,
Mike K2MK

charles-2 wrote