I have configured my K3 and KX3 as shown in “The Elecraft KX3 - Portable: Going
for the Summit” book that Fred wrote, the 2013 version.    I have configured
cabling as shown in section "9.8 The KX3 and the KPA500”, figure 9.17, which
shows use of the Keyline Interrupter, RCA cables, E980232 Adapter for the KX3,
et al, with an RF switch between the K3 and KX3 in order to input either to the
KAT500/KPA500 pair.

How do I put the KPA500 into OPER when I have powered off the K3 and switched
the my KX3?

Currently, when I turn off the K3, the KPA500 always switches to STBY and I can
not then switch the KPA500 from STBY back to OPER.    I am thinking that there
might be a setting somewhere?

Thanks,
73,
Hoop