I always remember 100K resistors and a 1M resistor was one megohm. I started with electronics in the mid 50's when transistors were new fangled things with 3 leads connected to a piece of germanium.

Even in the 50s, I believe it was recognized that electron flow was from the negative to the positive. I think it was in the late 50s that the military changed to NATO phonetics and Baker's Dog Charlie wasn't Easy in an official capacity.

73, Ken WA8JXM