Ugh... did it again.  To the reflector!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Reuben Popp <reuben.p...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fwd: Yet another D104 mic wiring question.
To: Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net>

G'mornin Bob,

The cord on the base is only four wires:  black, red, white and shield.
Note this is a T-UG8 base.. I think the UG8 was the unamplified base?  I
don't know if either had a cord with more than the four wires; I know my
T-UG9 base does.  Internal to the base itself there is a blue wire, as
detailed in http://www.rollanet.org/~rrars/tech_files/d104_manual.pdf.
That is exactly how the mic is wired now.  The only thing I did not rewire
is the leaf switches as they appeared unmolested.  I will take a look at
those tonight as I wanted to check their contacts anyway.  In the old
electromechanical pinball machines, those things would oxidize fairly
quickly, so I thought it would be good to check here anyway.  I will also
give it a whirl with a dummy load.  I only have the small dummy load kit
from Elecraft... I assume that will be okay?

I'll also take a look at bypassing or just flat out removing the preamp
circuit.

Thanks again and 73
Reuben