For those who have not yet snagged a station on the fabled MF band below 500
kHz, here's a chance to listen to one of the last operating commercial CW
stations (although it is now officially a museum. Since I worked them often
in their heyday I guess that makes me officially a fossil).

14 November

KSM will extend is normal operating hours well into the evening and will
make a special effort to keep 500kc and our MF working frequency (426kc)
active to give listeners the best chance of hearing us.  Our HF channels
will be active as well.  And the MRHS amateur station, K6KPH, will be
guarding its usual channels for signal reports and regular contacts.

KSM will continue operations past 0000Z on these frequencies (in kc):

426
500
4350.5
6474.0
8438.3
12993.0
16914.0
22445.8

K6KPH will guard:

3550.0
7050.0
14050.0
18097.5
21050.0

Numerous medium frequency experimental stations will also be active for this
event. Our ops will tune the MF band to see which of these we can monitor.
Dr. Fritz Raab has taken the lead on this part of the event.

They enjoy getting your reports on the Ham frequencies.

More about KFS/KSM is at http://radiomarine.org/

(and yes, kc was the common abbreviation for kc/s or kilocycles per second
or kHz back in the "day")

73, Ron AC7AC