James

If you look in the box your cable came in you should find a female stereo 1/8 plug and about 12 inches of black shielded audio cable. I used a three pin Moldex style jack at J5 (same style as the frequency counter but with three pins) and then used a matching plug on the shielded wire.

As far as the mike goes microHam are quite adamant that use only those mikes with that cable.

I have not been able to get enough info yet to figure a way to use other mikes. I think the problem is that they have to assume that the Mic configuration header is done one way and they picked Elecraft/ Heil format as the most common. I am presently comparing the diagrams for the Kenwood cables sets and building a test cable to use a Kenwood desk mic. If I have success with the test cable I will pass the info on.

If you make any progress let us know please.

Jim
VE3TTN