I agree with Cliff. You want to use the largest power cabling possible when
feeding the KPA500 (or any amplifier). The KPA500 goes from very little current
to 10 amps or more very quickly. Resistance in the power wiring gets translated
into heat loss and voltage drop, which you see as the lights dimming. This is
one of the reasons many amp owners run their amps on 230V instead of 115V. It’s
also the reason we ship a very beefy power cable with the KPA500. Unfortunately
we can’t do anything about the wiring in your wall. You might want to have it
checked or use a non-loaded outlet for the KPA500.

I don’t believe that the manual actually states the lower limit for the 60V
supply. For the record, the KPA500 will fault if that supply drops below 40
volts. This is really an overall power supply check - I don’t think I have ever
seen the supply drop that low except in testing. The upper hard limit is 90
volts, which is where the transformer taps come in to play. You don’t want the
supply to go above 90V when idle, so we have you set the tap according to your
line voltage to make sure this is handled properly. If you do see a high
voltage fault, then you should actually change the tap for a lower voltage to
make sure we stay within limits.

73,

Jack Brindle, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering