Just a note to thank everyone not only for their responses to my pathetic plea
:) but also for all the information I have picked up just reading these
threads. Fyi I did fire it up today & it only took me 15 minutes to realize the
paddle plug does not go in the key socket :(

I did some 'off the air, in test mode' transmitting & setting up my cw mode -
boy am I have to shake the rust off after ~20 years of not using a paddle. Then
I started listening on 20 ssb with my new 80/75/40 fan dipole. There was S79C
working 5 up on 14.260 & abt a S5 on the meter. Unfortunately I haven't gotten
to getting the Heil headset to work on the mic side, that's for tomorrow.

Bottom line - after the initial intimidation I'm really motivated to get going
on the air, tho I have worked S79 in the past :)

Thanks again & 73

Jerry k1tgx