Hi Howard,

You definitely can if you use the latest version of the Elecraft Frequency
Memory Editor program. It lets you choose the VFO-A mode and sub-mode and of
course the frequency for all of the various memory keys. For example on my
K3 when I go to a particular band I have the M1 button set for CW, the M2
button set for AFSK, the M3 button for SSB, and the M4 button for Data A.

Here's the link:
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/FreqMemEdit/K3_Freq_Mem_Editor.htm

73,
Mike K2MK