Howard,

Does the indication on the ALC meter change or does it stay the same with 4 bars solid and the 5th bar blinking? How long does it take for the power to begin increasing and does it reach a limit? or does it continuously increase?

The K3 and K3S will normally reduce power after a band change or a change in the power knob, then it should rapidly increase power to the power level that you have set. It is done that way to eliminate the possibility of an overshoot. Is this initial adjustment of the power what you are observing? Or does the power climb to above the requested power level?

I don't know anything specific about the K3S with the USB audio interface that should cause that behavior. If the power increases above the requested level, there is a problem with the power control circuits in your K3S and you need to contact K3support.

Take the KPA500 out of the picture and connect the K3S directly to a dummy load through an in-line wattmeter to see what is really going on.

73,
Don W3FPR