That would be from me… Amazingly, this was on 80 meters, and was heard all over
the bay area up into central CA. At times the “echo” was louder than the direct
signal!
There are at least two recordings from that event. Very strange, and extremely
interesting. While it was ongoing, both 40 and 80 were open across NA. When it
stopped,
40 collapsed to the point where the only signal heard was VY1AAA, and 80 became
only local. In 40+ years of hamming, this is the first time I have experienced
anything like that.
I have to say, it was also very cool to experience.

73,
Jack, W6FB