I did not calibrate my K3s smeter on initial assembly, nor have I done it
since, so the following is as per factory setup with no atten or preamp,
AGC-F, RFgain Max.  The radio has KFL3B-FM, KFL3A-6K, KFL3A-2.8K,
KFL3A-400, and KBPF3A  installed.

 Injection of  a 50uV signal (50 ohms) (-73dBm) at 7.05 MHz produces an S9
reading and the P3 indicates about -76 dBm. It falls to about S8 with 50 Hz
bandwidth setting. (I have not performed any filter calibration)

Injection of a 50uV signal at 1.4 MHz produces an S8 reading and the P3
indicates about -83 dBm..

A local broadcast station on 1450 kHz produces -10dBm into 50 ohms from my
antenna, as measured with a calibrated Anritsu MS2034A spectrum analyzer.
Applying this signal to the K3s thru an attenuator indicates the signal is
about 70 dB over S9. Removing all attenuation results in good audio but with
some crackling. The carrier display on the P3 is not stable under these
conditions. Tuning down to 640 KHz KFI produces a -20dBm signal into the K3.
Listening to KFI under these conditions produces clicks at times but the
audio is generally very good.

This may not be anything to do with crackling noticed by others but better
documents the problem I had.

73

Brian KF6C.