Dave and all,

You only have to put the tuner into Calibrate. For the KAT100 it is ATU CAL. The TUNE button will then simply put out a carrier (the KAT100 will not tune, but is effectively bypassed). With the KPA100, that power will be limited to 20 watts or if the Power Knob is set lower than 20 watts, it will put out a carrier at the set power. If it is significantly higher than that, the KPA100 wattmeter has a problem.

73,
Don W3FPR