Good move taking a rest and a glass of wine — it is important not to panic, as
that can lead to doing something silly :)

If you were entering 10000, you would have been tapping the « 0 » key next the
the VFO knob multiple times, and maybe the pressure has caused the front panel
and control boards to come into contact and short out. As I remember, there was
not a lot of clearance there, especially with the adapter board for the
encoder. I’d be looking for possible shorts around there.

Just a comment on your observations with F1 — if you are applying power and
measure 0V on both sides of F1, then that suggests that F1 is not open circuit.
It may indicate that diode D10 has gone high resistance and is dropping the
13.8V when the radio tries to draw current.

--
73 de Matt VK2RQ