Ted,

After you get the collectors of Q7/Q8 straightened out, you might investigate the spacing between the VFO encoder board and the Control Board area that sits behind it. The leads on the encoder board must be flush trimmed (really close to the board), and the area of the Control Board behind the encoder board must also be flush trimmed. You might even want to put some electrical tape over the back of the encoder board as an added preventative measure.

Another thing you can do to increase the clearance between the front panel encoder board and the Control Board is to add a 2nd lockwasher between the 2 front panel standoffs and the FP board. That will increase the clearance slightly.

73,
Don W3FPR