Ken,

Don't do that - leave the original jack covered and just forget that it is
there.  If you use it with the KAT2 installed, the K2 will not properly
control power output (it knows the KAT2 is installed and will be looking for
the power output level to come from the wattmeter in the KAT2).  There may
also be other problems such as impedance concerns since the KAT2 input is
connected in parallel with whatever you might connect to that jack.  The
boot is on there for a reason, if you defeat its purpose, 'all bets are
off'.

73,
Don W3FPR