Once again, I throw myself on the mercy of the wizards of K2.

Just finished KPA100, did all of the sequential tests, got the right numbers, did the alignment routines, buttoned it up and now it works just like it did before - quite well until I enage the amplifier by going to 12 watts. Then voice becomes distorted - almost unworkable. I checked rf lead from rf board to amplifier and it looks ok.

I used a possibly questionable wattmeter to do power callibration. If this callibration is off, will the impact be to help me set the bias wrong? I can borrow a known-to-be reliable wattmeter and redo the settings, but I suspect something more radical is wrong. Toroid leads? mine checked out when I built it and looked ok, but???

any ideas.

73   john ferguson KI4NGH