Most antennas are a compromise of sorts whether it's installation height,
length,  material. .etc. If you actually understand the physics and associated
math in addition to propagation then you innately understand there's no one
perfect antenna for everyone in the real world. When you're starting out is
suggest keeping it simple and cheap. Get on the air and improve things as you
gain knowledge and skills to best analyze your QTH and finances. A properly
installed dipole can work the world. An OCF dipole design just allows impedance
matching on multiple bands, but,  it's primarily resonant on one band. You can
achieve the same effect with a dipole cut for the lowest band you wish to work;
fed with ladder line and a tuner, get the antenna as high as you reasonably
can. Worry with towers,  verticals,  ...etc later after you've had time to
enjoy the hobby.  You can work the world literally with just a simple wire
antenna. Personally I use the Buckmaster ocf 7 bands antenna broad
 side to Europe.
Jer