blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px
#715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white
!important; }  blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important;
border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important;
background-color:white !important; }  blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted {
margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;
padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }
All:

Back when the K3S first came out I did the math on the cost of upgrading a K3
Classic to add the K3IO, the new tuner, two KSyn3A's and all of the other
upgrades versus purchasng a new K3S, and came to the conclusion that I could
sell my old K3 Classic on eHam or eBay or privately (~4000 S/N range) and move
up to a brand new K3S for just a few hundred dollars additional.

By doing this I was able to reset the clock and start all over again with a
brand new rig with all the upgrades and a full year's warranty to boot.  You
can save even more by moving your sub RX from the old rig to the new rig -- the
Sub RX is one item which did not change.
Put your old price list and the new price list side by side and you will see
that most items have not increased all that substantially compared t the
benefits you receive when upgrading.
<snip>

Re: [Elecraft] KIO3B pricing (was: Re: K3IOB)

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft Sat, 19 Dec 2015 13:00:04 -0800
Also note that the KIO3B has all of the original KIO3 analog and digital
functionality and HW. Adding the usb sound and USB data hw to that did not
increase the end price by over $200.Lastly at ham radio market volumes, which
are much lower than most consumer
products, the cost to develop and support any design is folded in the price we
must charge over time. We can't survive any other way.

73,
Eric
elecraft.com
<end snip>