I don't know if your concerns are unfounded, but I have been using my P3 for years (since they were first introduced) and upon power-up I also experience a very brief (maybe 100-200 ms) display of bright white pixels then the normal panadapter display is shown. During all this time I have not noticed any degradation to the TFT display brightness or resolution. Neither have I notice any evidence of dead pixels. From my own experience, I am not concerned about the TFT display.

Frank - W6NEK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Ellington" <steven...@gmail.com>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:24 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] P3 Turn on Blinding Flash

Just wondering:
My P3's 12v DC comes from the K3. First I turn on my power supply then the
K3. The P3 comes on automatically as per the setting.
When the P3 comes on, the LCD display is like a flash cube! BRIGHT.
Then it dims down to my normally low brightness setting.

To me it seems like this would be hard on the panel's back light.
Are my concerns unfounded?

Steve N4LQ

Message delivered to de.w6...@verizon.net