Greetings,

I have just finished building and installing the KSB2 in K2 #5191. The rig works fine on CW and SSB receive, but I am struggling to get the BFO tuned right for SSB xmit.

My crystals were marked "3.7". I've set LSB to 4913.6 and USB to 4916.4. When I set the rig to xmit on 20 meters USB and speak into the Alinco EMS-42 mike, the received voice sounds correct if I tune the receive rig to 200 Hz higher than the indicated K2 frequency display. I've tried adjusting the BFO up and down without success. The job is made harder because I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the BFO while xmitting. I have been having to drop out of CAL FIL, xmit & test receive freq, go back into CAL FIL, adjust BFO, drop out of CAL FILL, etc. Surely there is a simple way to do this?

Comments?

--Cathy, N5WVR