I’ll echo Cliff’s questions, and ask a few more. My reading of DDUtil says it
extracts frequency information from the SDR and presents it to external
devices. Unless it has been expanded with further functionality, I don’t see
how it would key the amplifier.

With this in mind, please describe exactly how you have the KPA500 connected
to the FLEX, including the connected ports and signals.

Also, the answers to Cliff’s questions are important. If the asterisk does not
appear, then the amplifier is not seeing the PTT signal activated.

And, from what you have already said, the processor appears to be running just
fine.
The CPU does a self check on power-up, which says that the program is just fine.
The fact that any information is being displayed also says that it is working. I
strongly suspect that the answer is elsewhere, most likely in the interfacing
to your rig and computer. With some more info, we should be able to help
you solve this riddle.

73,

Jack Brindle, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering