In addition to the previous reply ... assuming your intent is to switch
between the front mic and Line In (Macro 1 selects the mic,  Macro 2
selects Line), you do not need *three* UP;/DN; commands ... only two.

The extra commands should not be an issue.  However:
Macro 1:  MN053;DN;DN;MN255;  will select the front mic regardless of
                              the current state.
Macro 2:  MN053;UP;UP;MN255;  will select Line In regardless of the
                              current state.

Similarly:
Macro 1:  MN053;DN;DN;UP;MN255; will select the *REAR* mic regardless
                                of the current state.
Macro 2:  MN053;UP;UP;MN255;    will select Line In regardless of the
                                current state.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

 > Am I missing something else???

Are the first entries MNO53; (letter "oh") or MN053; (number 0)?

Is the last character of Macro 2 a ":" (colon) or a ";" (semi-colon)?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV