> I put the K3S in VOX mode, USB, 14.070. I set the Mic+LIN to ON.

*DON'T* use USB for data modes and *DON'T* use Mic+LIN = ON.

Instead, use DATA A for fldigi and set CONFIG:MIC SEL = LINE IN for
data modes.  That will allow the MIC Gain to control LINE IN *and*
keep the mic from being "hot" (picking up every sound in the shack).
You may still use VOX with MIC SEL=LINE IN in data modes if you
wish.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV