All you need is a serial port (regular or USB adapter) and a cable to the K3. Literally ... that's all you need. The N1MM website has all the documentation on how to set everything up. I've run entire contests without ever touching the paddle, although the paddle is quicker for the odd non-routine transmission.

Dave   AB7E