Mark,

Just saying 'Heil boom set' is not sufficient information to tell me which
mic you actually have.
Is it the Elecraft MD2?  Is it the Heil ProSet (if so, which one of these is
it)?  If the mic was made for use with an Elecraft or an Icom, then it
should have an electret element in it, but if it has the Heil HC4 or HC5
elements, it is a dynamic mic element and does not need voltage applied to
it.

Let us know what you really have and perhaps we can help.

73,
Don W3FPR