I'm running a KX3 and KXPA100 here. Both are very early units but with the
latest firmware. All is fine with the Elecraft hand mic but I want  to use a
boom mic and foot switch. However, I'm having problems with two different
mics. In both cases, when power is set to more than 50W, the audio is
distorted. This happens with the Carolina Windham, the hex beam, and even on
a dummy load. I added a common mode choke but it didn't help.

The mic with the problem is an Electrovoice RE15 on a boom with its XLR
connection going into a HOSA splitter cable, TRS on the KX3 side and two XLR
connectors on the other. Thinking this old Electrovoice might be the
problem, I also tried a non-amplified D104 upgraded with a Heil HC5 element.
It's connected with a TRRS patch cable cut and hard wired into the D104
base.

The problem remains regardless of mic bias on or off and mic buttons on or
off. Anyone have any ideas? Or, can anyone recommend a mic and cabling
solution I can buy?

Thanks and 73, JIM, KY2D