John,

You first have to click on the "Copy New Files From Elecraft" button to load the files into your computer. After they download, you should see the information in the "Firmware Revisions" section. You should see the list of what is installed in your K3S as well as what is Available. If your firmware is at a lower level that what is available, you can click either the "Send All Firmware to K3" button or the "Send All New Firmware to K3" button. The firmware load should proceed automatically.

Yes, if you cannot connect to the Elecraft website, you will not be able to get the firmware files into your computer.

Click on the Configuration tab and see if you can save your current configuration.

73,
Don W3FPR