Good Morning Don:
I did as you instructed.  On 40 meters the watt meter is reading 120 watts.
I have 1 LED showing on the tuner.  The display on the K2 shows 52 wattsand
1.1-1  SWR
As I change bands,  the results change.   The higher bands are showing less
power out and SWR up to  1.5-1..     The number of LED'sshowing on the tuner
agree with the SWR indicated on the K2's display.
The tuner does not attempt to tune.  I do not hear the relays changingas I move
from band to band.  Entering  " TUNE "   mode is the sameas entering transmit
with my straight key.
I have to tap my key or one of the button on the K2  to exit TUNE.
Where does this take us ??
Thank you Don and Happy New Year:
Jerry             N0JRN

First put an in-line wattmeter and a dummy load on the KAT100 ANT1
connector, set the power to 50 watts and then enter TUNE.
1) does the tuner tune so no LEDs are lit on the KAT100?  If no, how
many are lit?
2) what is the power indicated on the wattmeter (it should be about 20
watts)?

You may have "popped" one or more of the diodes in either the KPA100 or
the KAT100 wattmeter, but the answers to the above questions will
indicate where to look next.