It appears its not a DNS problem, but is is specific to Verizon and how it transfers web page data from our web site.

We've been able to reproduce it through remote access to several of our customer's (who use verizon) PCs. It appears to be related to page size and possible proxy MTU settings at Verizon.

Brandon here at HQ created created a test page. (Its a small blank page.)

http://www.elecraft.com/blank.html

This page will help test MTU incompatible settings between network providers.
The file size of the blank page is small enough to pass most MTU settings in one single packet. We suspect the Verizon FIOS users will be able to load the blank page, but not regular www.elecraft.com pages.

We suggest users load the blank page, and then try to load our www.elecraft.com homepage. They should send the results to Verizon for further inspection of their internal network.

As far as we can tell, the web server is working just fine. All other ISPs do not appear to have the loading issue. This appears to be Verizon FIOS and DSL specific as the regular Elecraft web page loads OK through Verizon 4G here.

73,

Eric
/elecraft.com/