Don is a bit off the mark on this one. :-) We're probably closer to May-June, based on current parts deliveries and production start up work.

I have been receiving a flood of requests for info on this project. To be honest, I have have not had the time to answer each one individually. (Were busy here at Elecraft HQ ;-) Instead we have been focusing on getting everything ready for Field Test and production. Both the 800W -and- 1500W versions are up and running. (Listen for me on he air..) We are in the final process of getting all of the certification paperwork into the FCC. (This just covers the usual anti-CB rules: 15 dB or less gain, reach rated power out with at least 50W of drive and no 12-10M out of the box.)

I can't post any more details at this time, but I will in the next months as I have more time and concrete details, pricing info etc.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Rich,

I have heard on this reflector recently that the amp was about to go to the
Field Testers, so unless some major problem crops up, I would expect it to
be announced as available in 4 to 6 weeks.

WARNING - I have no 'inside track' on this and I am not one of the Field
Testers for the amp (not enough $$$$ in my ham budget <G>), I am making
assumptions based on past experiences.

73,
Don W3FPR