Most operation here is CW & digital, and sometimes SSB, so I need to be able to move the mic up and out of the way when not needed. Can any SB45 users tell me if the mic can be moved to a full vertical position? I have looked at pictures, but can't tell how far it will move.

Tnx & 73,
Tim - N3XX

On 2016-01-05 9:54 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
Last week I posted my impressions of the Koss SB-45 here:
http://marc.info/?l=elecraft&m=145134615022993&w=2

I promised an update on long-term comfort after the RTTY Roundup
contest, so this is it.  I wore this headset for two 12 hour contest
sessions this past weekend, and found its comfort equal to or better
than the Yamaha CM-500, which most everyone, including myself, seems to
think is very good.  There is a sweet spot in the headphone height
adjustment, where equal pressure is applied above and below the ears,
and it feels really super at that point, even for an eyeglass wearer
like myself.  My ears didn't get as hot as with the CM-500, and the
SB-45 headband has nice soft padding that didn't irritate the top of my
bald head like the CM-500 sometimes does.

Overall, I think the SB-45 is equal to or better than the CM-500, at
about half the price.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.