Wow - this has been frustrating for us (and all of our Verizon based customers!)

Verizon appears to have fixed the routing problem from their FiOS and DSL customers to Elecraft.com sometime last night. The fix slowly migrated through the net and based on customer feedback received here, most Verizon customers were up and able to access elecraft.com by sometime this morning.

It apparently was a problem with misconfiguration by Verizon for their traffic via an internet backbone router (layer42.net) upstream of the ISP that hosts elecraft.com. Interestingly when accessing the Elecraft website from other ISPs (Comcast etc) it also routed through layer42.net's backbone and router with no problems. Our ISP has been in contact with layer42.net, and layer42.net confirmed it was a Verizon problem. Unfortunately Verizon was very slow to correct the problem, much to our frustration (and our ISPs and Level43.net's).

New Server:
While the Verizon FiOS saga was transpiring this week, we also began implementing a backup copy of the elecraft.com webpage on a totally different server farm both hosted by a different company and geographically located outside of our immediate area. We copied all of the website and ftp files over to this new server and had it ready to go this morning. It actually turns out to be faster for web access, and also for ftp file downloads of new f/w via our utility programs. As a result, we decided to switch over to the new server for elecraft.com at about 2000 Z today. Its been up and operating since then. Its new iP address may take up to 24 or more to propagate through the internet's network of DNS servers, routers and your browser programs.

Eric
/elecraft.com/