Hi elecraft team, hi list,

I'm thinking again on improvements for SO2V operation using a K3 with sub RX.
In my opinion operating will be much smoother if TX on 2nd VFO is possible.

I do know it is technical not possible to transmit on the frequency of the sub RX if it is on a different band. Due to the fact the sub RX is as powerful as the main RX I do have an idea.

If split is disabled and both VFOs are on different band (normal operation) VFOA frequency, mode, filter bw etc. are shown as usual. If the operator enables split on different bands, swap RF paths like pushing the A/B button but dont swap the displayed information on the LCD, CAT information and left/right audio and enable the split icon on the LCD. Of course this aren't all points which need to be considered and with PC control it is possible to operate like this, but it would be much more robust against operator errors if radio and software setting are consistent.

Please give a short feedback if you are with my wish or if it is against any operating strategy of elecraft.

Thanks Olli,
DH2WQ