From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Fred
Jensen
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 8:35 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 75 ohm cable on Buffered I.F. Output?

No.  What will matter is the quality of the connectors.  The 1st IF output
from the K3 is low level, the P3 is basically a fairly sensitive HF
receiver, and bad connectors can create all sorts of problems.

You didn't give a S/N range for your K3, but there is a simple mod [destroy
one surface mount resistor and replace it with a non-SMC resistor] that will
raise the IF output.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club