I know this topic has been on the list before, but all the discussion I have
found raises questions but doesn’t give answers.

I recently acquired a used RKC2, which I’m trying to set up with my K3
(barefoot version; 12 watts and no KAT3)

My question concerns the mapping for 6 meters.

The K3 manual refers to the Menu setting for the KRC2 as follows:
===========

"Controls the KRC2 band decoder’s accessory output settings. Shows ACC OFF or
ACC1-3 if a KRC2 is detected; - - if not.
To ensure compatibility with both old and new KRC2 firmware, two different 6
meter band decodes are provided. Tap to select BAND6=B6 (addr=10) or BAND6=B10
(addr=9). Refer to the KRC2 manual for further details.

============
However, I am unable to find anything in the KRC2 manual that discusses the
mapping for the 6 meter band.  Presuming for discussion that I have “newer”
firmware installed,

1. do I want to select BAND6=B6, or BAND6=B10?

2.  what control line in the KRC2 should I use to energize devices associated
with my 6 meter setup (e.g. coaxial relays used to connect the main K3 antenna
port to an external 6 meter amplifier, rather than to my HF antenna).

ALSO

I find reference in prior discussion to  a Mac version of the KRC2 utility, but
I can’t find it anywhere online. Does it exist?  Where might I get a copy?

For that matter, where can I get ANY version of the KRC2 Utility that’s used
for band mapping of the device? The only thing I can find on the Elecraft site
is a Download program, not the utility that allows you to modify band mapping.

In sum, is there actually a way for me to use the KCR2 with my K3 in such a way
that I can control external devices used for 6 meters? The K3 and RCR2 manuals
are beyond opaque in this respect — a disappointing variance from the usual
clarity of documentation.

73

Lew N6LEW
Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
l...@n6lew.us
www.n6lew.us

Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put
together will fall apart.