When I built my K2 (#337) I used a wrist strap electrostatic ground connected
to my station ground which went a short distance out the window and to a ground
rod.  Now, in a different house, my station is on the second floor and I have
no easy access to a ground.  I guess I should have my K2 grounded, but I
haven't worried about it since I'm running a balanced antenna.  However, I'm
now building a K1 and I'm worried about handling the electrostatic sensitive
components.  What would you guys recommend for this?  Can I safely ground my
wrist strap to the AC ground?  Or should I bite the bullet and run a ground out
the window (about 12' from my radio desk) and down 2 stories to a ground rod?
Or what else???

73,
Randy, KS4L

--