RE:  [Elecraft] KX3; Procedure for Setting TX CMP & TX EQ + DVR

        I desire to utilize both CMP and TX EQ in SSB transmissions on a KX3.

        In the KX3 Owners  Manual, there are well defined procedures for
setting Mic Gain, CMP and TX EQ, but it leaves doubt as to which to
set first as Mic Gain and CMP are grouped together with TX EQ
described several pages later. This would imply TX EQ would be set
last.

        As TX EQ could effect overall audio amplitude peaks, it would seem
that TX EQ should be set first then adjust Mic Gain for proper levels,
then set CMP.

        What is the Elecraft recommended procedure / order  for setting these
three adjustments ?

        My next questions involves storing and playing messages on the DVR
where CMP and TX EQ are desired.

        With Mic Gain, CMP and TX EQ set as desired for a CQ message for
example, would the DVR store the message as processed with CMP and TX
EQ active ?

        Assume I leave the Mic Gain, CMP and TX EQ at the same setting when
the DVR  CQ message was stored …  When playing the message back on
the air, would the message be processed twice (CMP & TX EQ), once
during recording and once during playback or just once ?

        Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

        John KN4XX

        jkiracof...@charter.net