As Mark points out, the latest firmware (at the beta page) works quite well
with Kenwoord transceivers. If you are using the KPA500 with a Kenwood
transceiver, be sure to update your firmware to V1.47 - you should see a
difference in how well it works. And, if you have any comments, I’m all ears…

73,

Jack Brindle, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering