Hi Joe,

I had the same requirement, as I frequently switch between SSB and WSJT modes
with my KX3.

It is unfortunate that the KX3 has no separate Data audio input port and
plugging unplugging the Microphone every time is very tedious.

So, I had to build my own data/ mic switch box, which gives me a choice of
either a desk or fist microphone, a headset microphone with foot switch PTT, or
data from sound interface. It also means that when my "data" switch is in the
"mic" position the computer has no way of enabling the PTT by mistake when the
computer is starting up and it "ackles" the com ports.

It was but an afternoon's work to make this simple box with a couple of
switches, and some jack sockets.

73 from David GM4JJJ