I am about at my wits end on this problem.  I can’t
seem to establish communications with my KIO2.  I’ve
tried using different COM ports, and I’ve even
replaced the MAX1406 IC on the board, but nothing is
working.  I have measured all of the inductors on the
KIO2 and they are o.k.  When I checked the diodes, in
circuit, I get normal forward and reverse resistance
readings on all of them except D1, which gives me a
forward reading of 137 ohms and reverse reading of 132
ohms.  These readings don’t look right to me, but I
know DMM’s can give some funny ones.  Is there anyone
that could measure the For/Rev resistance on their D1?
 This diode is on the bottom of the KIO2, so it is
easy to access w/o removing the board from its
mounting.

Also, I have read something about “resetting” the
KIO2.  Does anyone know some details on how to do
that?

73,
Mark Baugh
W5EZY