I also use a K3-K3 RemoteRig system.  Haven't had the problem Rick
describes, but have had the system suddenly turn off the receiver on all
bands.
Power-cycled and no change (tx functions all work).   Accidentally hit the
shift knob and suddenly audio returned!   Happened  a second time a few days
later and just slight movement on the  shift returned to normal!  I did note
that the shift function had  dramatically and mysteriously moved.  The first
time this happened I did  upgrade to latest OS, but did not upgrade the RRC
boxes.  Anyone else see  anything like this?
73
John, N0IJ

In a message dated 1/25/2016 11:53:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,