Ray,

It could be that the beacon is actually generating those keyclicks.
Try turning off the preamp in the K3S and or turn your beam so the side is toward the beacon. Are the keyclicks eliminated? If so, it may be too strong a signal into the K3S, but if they continue, they are likely being generated by the beacon.

Remember that the K3S has input protection. In the form of a Carrier Operated Relay and has a mechanism to turn off the preamp if the signal is too strong. If you tune to the beacon frequency, turn on the preamp and point your beam at the beacon do you hear the COR relay clicking in the K3S or is the preamp turned off automatically? If so, that is too much signal into the K3S.

73,
Don W3FPR