K3KO said:

“One thing for sure you can't defeat the laws of physics.  1500 W -> 500
Watts is a 4.5 dB loss.  That is huge in a pileup.”

True, and I notice it here when I get beat by other W6s with similar stations
other than the amp.  I live with it given the incredible integration of the
KPA500: I have the amps in a closet and never touch them. They just work.

My hope is that Elecraft becomes a giant corporation with enough R&D capital to
bring back the KPA1500! Come on guys, buy more stuff!!

Ken K6MR