The modulation monitor is like an oscilloscope in that it triggers on the rising edge of the modulation. So the display is not quite continuous - after every sweep it waits for the next positive transition before starting the next sweep.

This is especially useful in CW mode so that the rising edge is stable on successive sweeps. The P3 has a unique split-display feature where it can show both the rising edge and the falling edge at the same time, even when sending slowly.

> ...  and there are no sweep width/rate adjustments.

The sweep width is adjusted in the "ModScale" menu entry. (Admittedly not a very intuitive name. :=)

Alan N1AL