One of K9YC's suggestions I took was to eliminate all unintentional cat 5
"antennas" in favor or wireless usb dongles.
I went with linsys AE1200s which were on sale cheap from an Amazon partner.
My only regret is that linksys, oddly,
does not have linux drivers for this dongle.   If you don't plan on using
linux not a problem.

I also put the wireless router, an SMC wireless G,  at the other end of the
house. I gave away an Apple Airport as even
at the other end of the house it spewed all kinds of trash, annoying on 80
and 30M. Switches in the shack are likely to be noisy and their noise may
propagate via the cables if you put them elsewhere.

Wireless G is plenty fast unless you do a lot of file xfer between
computers.

You might also want to lay on a good stock of 31 material toroids with 1.5"
or better IDs so you can wind rig cables
at both ends.  I have found USB cables to be a pipeline for RF into and out
of PC and rigs. So I use a 2 port PCI serial card
from StarTech for rig cat to K3 and IC7000.

Much less cable mess behind the desk.

--
73, chuck

de AB1VL