SORRY, but the min static bending radius for RG-303 is 25 mm and RG-400 is 35
mm.  For torroid wrap which is better?????
Mel, K6KBE

      From: Chuck Catledge <ae...@att.net>
 To: 'Guy Olinger K2AV' <k2av....@gmail.com>; 'Robert Nobis' <n7...@nobis.net>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; 'Ron D'Eau Claire' <r...@cobi.biz>
 Sent: Sunday, February 7, 2016 2:31 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Balun Questions

At hamfests around the Southeast, surplus RG400 is often found in terminated
cables (usually BNC or N) in lengths up to around 20 feet.  The price I've paid
is always less than $1.00 per foot, sometimes much less.  I've used it to make
dozens of RF chokes (1:1 baluns).  The small size of RG400 allows the use of a
single medium to large clamp-on #31 ferrite that works effectively from
10-160M, conditioned by the number of turns.  The large snap-on ferrite will
accommodate 10-12 turns; the medium snap-on will handle 5-6 turns.  Jim, K9YC's
tutorials are excellent.  Consult the Fair-Rite website for additional
technical data.

BTW, the Teflon dielectric allows easy soldering in PL-259s with RG-58 reducers
without any fear of melting the dielectric.
---
Chuck, AE4CW