I've already placed the order for a K3s/10 and will be ordering the
Amp and ATU which I can migrate to the K3s. I understand they now
make a mod on one of the components to allow a transverter to listen
to the new band. Does this mod also have to be present in the sub Rx?

I would want this option completed in the in the older rig as well,
as I want to sell it with the mod but also want it in my K3s upgrade
with Sub Rx. If a mod to a legacy piece (Sub Rx) needs it done at the
factory. then I need to send my Sub unit out so they can work on it
in a timely manner.

I earlier bought a DVR but never installed it I will have it
installed in the K3s.

I enjoyed the kit aspect of the K3 and it went 100% with no hassles I
do though think that this time I'll get the new K3s, factory
assembled, stock amp and tuner & put that in, myself. My only concern
is needed mods since Jan of 2014 need to be done on my K3s and in the
K3 as well by myself. I will be selling my K3 when it is brought up
to all up to the new factory specs. The only real issue is how happy
people are to be happy to be to do this for me. And importantly and
how much effort will it require from me?

Looking forward to getting a K3S and enjoying the marked better
audio,

73,

Gary
KA1J